by CPYR Blogger
Polar Adventure Day February 25
Huskies & Hot Cocoa Headline Polar Adventure Days at Northerly Island
Visitors will come face-to-face with live animals and engage in fun winter activities from Noon to 3 p.m.
A number of fun-filled activities are both educational and fun for all ages.
Participants will tour Northerly Island’s Natural Area, either on foot or in snowshoes depending on the weather, and learn about winter animals including Siberian huskies, raptors, and birds of prey.
Visitors will enjoy interacting with the incredibly creative Jabberwocky Marionettes, a local puppet theater producer, and using their imaginative skills to carve recycled Christmas trees with our nature experts in the Nature Play Space. This year, Al Eastman will join us for storytelling around the campfire.
All Polar Adventure Days take place from 12 p.m. -3 p.m. in Northerly Island Park’s indoor and outdoor spaces. Participants should dress warmly. Activities are subject to change based on the weather.
In addition to everyone’s favorites, the following groups will be joining us:
• Free Spirit Siberian Husky Rescue- Sled Demonstrations and Information on Husky Rescues
• Jabberwocky Marionettes – Puppet Theater and Strolling Puppet Parade
• Chicago Park District – Carving Christmas Trees – Northerly Nature Play Space
• Chicago Park District Naturalists- Winter Art craft – Simple Bird Feeder Making
• Flint Creek Wildlife – Raptors and other birds
• Al Eastman – Story Telling around bonfire
• Hot Cocoa
For more information about Polar Adventure Days, visit the Chicago Park District’s website at www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/polar-adventure-days.